What should I do when I visit an in-network GP clinic?
If you have never used Mednefits before, you might be wondering what you need to do when you visit a Mednefits partner clinic.
Before your visit
- Download the Mednefits app from the Apple App Store or the Google PlayStore.
- Log in to the Mednefits app using your login ID and password.
- If you don’t know your Mednefits login ID or password, look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled “WELCOME TO MEDNEFITS CARE”
- If you have forgotten your Mednefits password, follow the instructions in this article: How do I reset my password? (Members)
- Check your E-card to make sure that your Mednefits account is still active.
- Check your medical E-wallet balance.
- If you have no credits in your E-wallet, you can still use Mednefits! Simply follow the instructions below and tap Cash / NETS / Credit Card at Step 3.
- Tap on GP to see Mednefits partner clinics near your location.
During your visit
- Look for the Mednefits QR code at the clinic. Tap Register and scan the QR code. A green confirmation screen will appear to indicate that you have successfully scanned in at the clinic.
- After you have seen the doctor and are ready to check out, tap the Checkout button and enter the amount to pay for medicine and treatment only.
- If you have a cap per visit, enter the full medicine and treatment amount. Don’t worry about the cap: it will be applied automatically, and you will not be charged more credits than your cap. To learn about using Mednefits with a cap per visit, see this article: I have a cap per visit. How do I use Mednefits?
- You will be asked how you wish to pay. Tap on Mednefits Credits (if you have credits) or on Cash / NETS / Credit Card (if you do not have credits).
- If you have a cap per visit, you should tap on Mednefits Credits, regardless of the medicine and treatment charges.
- A breakdown of the transaction will appear, showing the following information:
- Bill amount: the cost for medicine and treatment
- Consultation fee (if applicable): the amount deducted from your E-wallet for consultation
- Total amount: the cost of consultation, medicine and treatment for this visit
- Cap: the maximum amount that will be deducted from your E-wallet for this visit
- Payable by credits: the amount deducted from your E-wallet for this visit
- Payable by cash: the amount you will have to pay the clinic by cash / NETS / credit card for this visit
- Tap the green Pay Now button. You will be shown a screen indicating a successful transaction.
- The number under the green tick is the amount that is deducted from your E-wallet for this transaction
- The number in red (if any) tells you how much you have to pay for this transaction by cash / NETS / credit card
- If credits were deducted from your E-wallet and we have your email address on file, you will receive a email receipt for the transaction. You can also view your transactions by opening the menu and tapping History.